Some things belong to deep geekdom. Filk music is one of those things. Â John Anealio’s album includes songs about (among other things):
- An angry robot who discovers the singularity
- Dressing up like a storm-trooper on Halloween
- The challenges of being a geek dad
- Nanowrimo (and if I have to tell you what that is, you my not grok the song)
- and – perhaps only hysterically funny if you are inside the science fiction and fantasy field — a song titled Â “George R.R. Martin is not your bitch.”
At any rate, one of my goals this weekend was to listen to this (which required updated operating systems, but that’s only because I started out on the wrong computer – I won’t go into the geek details here). Â I liked it enough I listened to it a few times today, and I will be dropping some of the songs onto my “favorite filk” playlist. Â It’s only a $5.00 donation, and I’m pretty sure it will make you smile. Â It made me smile. Â Go get it.
1 thought on “Filk Recommendation: John Anealio’s Laser Zombie Robot Love”
Thanks for sharing Brenda! Happy to hear that you are enjoying it.
Comments are closed.